- A. The average kinetic energy of a gas is directly proportional to its temperature
- B. At constant tempearture, the volume of a gas increases as the pressure increases
- C. The pressure of a gas is inversely proportional to its volume
- D. The temperature of a gas is directly proportional to its volume
- E. The collisions of molecules with each other are inelastic
The Correct Answer is: Option B
Increasing the pressure confines the gas molecules to a smaller space, thereby reducing the volume. Reducing the pressure the other way round increases the volume of a gas.